Pages

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Don't Bottle it!

Clare set a challenge for November on her Junk Journalling FB group: the theme 'bottle/bottles'.  This is the junk I started out with:
 A cardboard flyer and an empty squash bottle.  First I added a thin layer of white gesso and then 'stamped' in yellow and green over the flyer using the side of my bottle.  Next came some stamping in black using a proper stamp and then in blue paint using the bottle lid.  Finally I added some bold touches in pink, stamping with the other side of the bottle lid.
To finish off I stamped the sentiment in black.  However it didn't quite look finished and so I found a little bottle stamp in my stash and randomly added that too.  OK a bit of a mess but the thought behind the page was be bold, take a risk and don't bottle out...
I will enter the page into this weeks Stamplorations sketch challenge.

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great ideas there Louise, and it looks really great. Lx

Clare Lloyd said...

Brilliant, love it!

Debs M said...

well done - great use of your junk! x

Kathyk said...

Ingenious matey and a fab colour combination too

Kathyk