Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Nordic Christmas cards

These cards were inspired by Clare's recent GDT project on the PaperArtsy blog last week.  Of course I had to get my Clare Llyod stamps out this weekend and give it a go.
I started by painting red acrylic mixed with white gesso onto white card.  (I decided to make a batch and so went for a master board concept and then cut panels out for each card.)  Next came some stamping in slate and then I stencilled red acrylic on top.  I didn't have a proper stencil but used one I made in the summer for the 'Me Time Messages' project from an ice cream box lid ;-)
The next layer was stamping in black and then finally in silver.  (Actually at this point I thought it looked a bit too blank and so added the text as another layer of stamping in black.)
The decorated card was cut up and assembled on the red card blanks (I stamped round the edge of these and wiped black ink round the edge of the painted panels).  The hearts were stamped on red card and heat embossed.  The final touch was some faux stitching in white pen.
 For two of the cards I added the 'broken earrings' I mentioned on yesterday's post (waste not want not ;-)).
 

3 comments:

Debs M said...

these look fabulous - great idea with the layering! x

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab cards love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at PaperArtsy.

Lucy Edmondson said...

These turned out really well!

Lucy x