Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Inspired by #2

Again, inspired by the easel card that Clare made for Sara Naumann's launch night for PaperArtsy.  Love the look of the Sara Naumann stamps and the new Fresco paint colours, but of course Clare's new stamp range was a must!
Anyway, here are two easel cards that I made:
 I used offcuts from other cards I have made recently as the bases for these two.  (It may sound strange but I bought a pack of 50 5x7 inch (I think) cards cheaply from the Works a while ago. Can never (rarely at least) work in that size and end up cutting down to 5x5 inch- what to do with all those strips???)
 I so enjoyed just 'letting go' a little bit on these cards.  Decided to use some washi tape I had rather than make my own, but on the second card I augmented the pale blue tape with 'congratulations'.
 This one is a bit more masculine and I think I will give it to a friend who is aiming to submit his PhD thesis at the end of the week- fingers crossed!
 

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! these are great Louise. I love the idea of using the smaller offcut strips for your card base; it makes a really cute card. Can't wait to see more now... No pressure ;oD

Lx

Debs M said...

Great easel cards and well done for using cut offs! Loving the stamping and washi tape x

My name is Wynneth said...

What fabulous easel cards Louise, and such a great idea to use up your off cuts. I love the colouring palette you've used and all the added elements to the designs. Fingers crossed then for your pal this week !

Luv
Wynneth
X