Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

I'm off...

...for a bit. Catching the plane at 10.10am from LHR tomorrow morning and so all packed and ready(?) to go.  I'm an art journalling novice and this is probably something which would be better made into a journal page than a card (who am I going to send it to), but I made a card to mark my journey and 5 months away in Australia which is coming up.  I most likely won't be crafting while I am away (20 kg is just too small to allow me to include craft stash as well as clothes and other essentials for 5 months), or at least not card making.  I might try my hand at digital scrapbooking and/or I have packed quite a lot of cross stitch to keep me busy in the evenings.  But of course I am going all that way to work on the final stages of my PhD and it would be a shame not to have a bit of a look round too, so spare time might be in short supply...
I am back in the Uk on 31st May and will probably hit the craft 'table' like made then to make up for lost time! (and as a distraction/to keep me sane in the months of 'thesis writing').  Keep in touch xxx
I will enter this card into this weeks Passion for Promarkers and Cute Card Thursday (something new) challenges.

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

All the best for your foray to Oz and in to journaling - you should record your trip somehow.

Perhaps you will be able to join us for a foray to Newbury artstamps (with Lauren and Wynneth and Debs) in July?

Kathyk

Claire said...

WOW hun, hope you have an amazing time and see you in May! All the best and safe travels. Hugs, Claire x PS: Brilliant card!

pinky said...

Its gorgeous and what a way to mark your journey. Good luck, hope its really exciting. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Pinky

Debs M said...

this is fabulous! good luck, maybe you can do a smash book/scrap something when you return with all yours pics and stuff x

Clare Lloyd said...

fab louise. will miss your beautiful cards and craft blog posts while you are away. but with any luck there might be some photos instead! x

Cherry said...

Lovely card Louise. Journaling is fab - maybe you could get a smash book in Oz and journal that way, although I am sure you will be very busy. Have an amazing time and safe journey. We are going to miss you in blog land and Craftbubble. See you in May. Hugs Cherry Xxxx

Nat said...

Fab card, love that image. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week and have a fantastic time!
Natx

Kimberly said...

Great image..love the washi tape too..thanks so much for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week...

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Excellent Louise and I can't tell you how excited I am for you! You'll have the best time, make sure you do lots of sight-seeing when you get the time! All that way, you MUST look around!
Thanks for your sweet email, will email soon (she says!).
Take care and all the best for 2013!
Bon Voyage....Katie xx