Pages

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Q is for Quilting

I was blown away when Samantha from the ABC Christmas challenge blog asked if I would like to do a GDT spot this week since I haven't missed one of their challenges for nearly 2 years now.  The challenge for this fortnight is 'Q is for Quilting' and so they want to see lots of patchwork backgrounds on your cards.  I made my background out of scraps of paper, pieced together, embossed, distressed and with some faux stitching.  It is one of my favourite techniques, but does take a while to do!  I thought this image was very apt for the challenge too- Popcorn snuggled up in a quilt.
And matching tag:
There are some fab prizes, as always, from this weeks sponsors:

Good luck!

5 comments:

Debs M said...

ooh well done to you!! x

Anonymous said...

Just brilliant love it! and love that you did a tag too! so cute! and its AWESOME that you have been playing along with us for so long too! Thanks for being an awesome guest its our pleasure! hugs me xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Louise :-) the image is just perfect for the theme !! very well thought out ! lovely quilting too and the tag is adorable too :-)

It's lovely to have you along with us :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Helen said...

Beautiful card Lousie - love your quilted background!
Thanks so much for guest designing for us! :0)
Helen x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Well done Louise, you did a fantastic job! You'll be on the DT in no time :)
I love the idea of the quilt image to go with the theme -so cute.
Katie x
P.S Great looking blog btw :)