Pages

Sunday 20 May 2012

Scams

I got caught by a scam yesterday- people posing to be from Microsoft saying that my laptop was sending them error messages and that I had to let them correct it else it was going to die.  It was all very convincing at the time, but looking back on it I can't believe I was so stupid as to fall for it.  They took over my laptop remotely and then wanted money.  Gave all my bank details....  God how stupid am I?
Bank account stopped, no cards or internet bank access...  Laptop checked by a professional and Norton...  Still hoping nothing sinister put on it and that all they were after was my money (which they didn't get).  How silly, they didn't know I'm a student and have NO money!
Anyway, after spending all of yesterday in a stress over fixing the mess I got myself in no time for crafting and so my blog is going to be empty this week... :-( unless I get a little time this afternoon.  Heaps of work to do though and I really need to sleep, so I'm not sure.
Pop back next week and hopefully normal service will be resumed.  And don't fall into the same trap as me!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh dear Louise, you have to be so careful, but at least no money was taken and you have survived the trauma. Make sure you have some really good security on your PC and remember never trust an email from someone you don't know. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Claire x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

So sorry to hear that Louise, there are some real ass****s in this world! Glad you got it sorted out and enjoy your well earned rest.
Katie x