Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

Celebrations

Testing out another of my crafty birthday presents- this time from Clare- some amazing MS background stamps.  I really need to start  to branch out my stamping and crafting after seeing all the new techniques people are using.  These stamps are a fab way to make a start.  I did discover though that I didn't have the inks that I wanted (I only really have black, which is a bit boring) and hence eBay here we come...!
As a first attempt and using watercolour pens to ink up the stamps, I'm not too unhappy.  I stamped the background and then cut it up to make the flag.  I will enter the card into this weeks WSC (red, white and blue) and MAWTT (celebrations not birthdays- the Queen's Diamond Jubilee!).


5 comments:

kelly ledder said...

WOW THIS looks stunning, such a great idea, thanks so much for sharing at Willow Sketchie this week.

Kelly xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

It's always good to try new things and this looks fab! I just love how you pieced it together.
Katie x

Judith said...

This is great Louise very creative - I love it! thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week hugs Judith x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, love how you have used the stamps for the image. Oh dear its such a nightmare having to buy crafty stash on ebay!!!! (My Postie thinks so since shes always at my door with stuff!!!LOLOLOL) Thanks for playing along on Willow Sketchie Challenge this week,Love Hazel xox

Clare Lloyd said...

louise, glad you are trying something new! i hoped those stamps would inspire you!! x