Pages

Saturday 18 February 2012

Missing in Action

Hi to all my followers.  Sorry I have been absent the last two weeks.  I went to Italy to work with some collaborators in Modena.  Trust me to go there when they had the worst two weeks of winter weather in 26 years!  There was a LOT of snow and it was VERY cold!  Inside they tend to keep things very warm though and so I was toasty warm most of the time apart from travelling from the place I was staying (a B&B) to the university.  
I went out a few days earlier to do some sightseeing with my parents, but this ended up not being rather limited due to the conditions, but we did make it to the Ferrari Museum in Maranello, just outside Modena.  It was amazing and I recommend it to anyone in the area.  Dad was in his element, being a F1 fan, but even as a non follower of motor sports and not a real car enthusiast, it was hard not to be inspired by the place, with a range of F1 cars, art work and consumer models on show, as well as details about the factory, its design and ethos.

And just in case you needed some evidence of the snow, bikes for the workers to get around in Maranello...

and the Piazza Grande, Modena ...
Posted by Picasa


3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr - love the snow pic. Good to have you back safe and sound matey

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

crikey there was some SNOW!! x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Wow Louise, those pics are great. It looks like you made the most of it, with the weather as it was!
Katie x