Pages

Sunday 4 September 2011

R is for Recycling, Ribbons and Rhinestones

This weeks ABC Christmas challenge is R is for recycling and ribbons or rhinestsones.  I don't have any rhinestones and so have gone with a ribbon on my card.  The kraft base card is actually the inner card of a roll of wrapping paper I got last Christmas to wrap presents in from Ikea.  I had to iron it a few times to make it reasonably flat.  I have also used recycled corregated card on this card across the bottom and for the 'buttons'.  The image is a Chester one from Pollycraft and the papers old ones from 2 years ago.  The card design has two pockets on the front for tags and gift vouchers. 
 
I will enter the card into this weeks Colour Create (kraft, red and white), Christmas cards all year round (old stash), Passion for Promarkers (anything goes) and I love Promarkers (anything goes) challenges.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Love it. Great card Louise. Good luck with those challenges Lx

Debs M said...

fabulous pocket card and it's gorgeous too!!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Louise, what a beautiful card. I love the image and pretty papers. Well done on making recycling look so fantastic. Thanks for joining in with our "anything goes" challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Louise,
This looks wonderful. Cute image & I love the layout & fab papers. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! so fun and love the recycle wrapping paper tube too! wink CHECK OUT the ½ way post... I think you will be interested what else you can do with those tubes :0) tehhehheee

Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge again! hugs Samantha :0)

WeirdCat said...

Fab little monkey card, I like the design, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Helen said...

Fab card - great recycling job!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

PS - I have candy on my blog if you're interested :0)

Clare Lloyd said...

SOOO cute louise, fab idea. x

Carissa said...

Another beautiful card. Wonderful idea. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa :)

Dorte said...

Lovely card with a really cute image. I can see you standing ironing the paper several times, great job for a greener world ;)
Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Hope to see you for our S challenge.
Hugs Dorte

CraftinGranny said...

What an adorable card with such a cute image. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR. "Hugs" Carol