Pages

Friday 9 September 2011

Luna Science Rocks

This is one of the new Pollycraft newly released images that I won on the blog hop last week. I just love it and it is the perfect image for me since I'm doing a PhD in chemistry. The only problem is that I never actually go in a lab since the work I do is all computational, but still I have fallen in love with the image. I will dig it out in the future to make a card for my friend who is doing a PhD in microbiology and spends all of her days in the lab.
For this card I have teamed the image with some wacky papers and coloured her in bright colours. The layout follows this weeks Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch. I will also enter the card into this weeks Passion for Promarkers challenge (patchwork- here I have used up scraps of the papers to make two patchwork panels. The stitching is faux, but I bought a very mini sewing machine as a treat for myself today and so hopefully I will be able to do the real thing soon without it taking me hours and hours by hand.)

14 comments:

Debs M said...

fab card, great stitching, good luck with the new machine x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Perfect! I love it Louise. Really love those papers. Wow! Lx

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Hi - your card is wonderful. I love the image and congratulations on winning the blog hop. The patchwork effect you have created compliments her perfectly. Well done and thank you for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Michelle SSW DT x

mulberry station said...

It is always so fun to win images. This one is adorable. I love your papsers and fun take on the sketch. Nice to have you join us this week.
Nancy SSw-DT

Clare Lloyd said...

brilliant card and fab papers! glad to hear your decided to treat yourself to that sewing machine!! have fun. x

Jeannie said...

Such a fun image and great papers too! Perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Hi Lousie this is cute a cute image and I love your design papers full of colour just perfect with this image. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Cute, cute! That is a fab image and what a great way to use up scraps!
I can't wait to hear how you get on with your sewing machine! Fun times ahead :)
Katie x

Julie said...

Great card, Louise!! Love the mix of papers and colours with this image!! Thanks for playing along with my Patchwork theme at PFP this week, good luck, Juliexx

Linda Anderson said...

Oh what a sweetie of a card!!! It all starts with this adorable image that you've colored so wonderfully! Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Arlana 11426 said...

This is such a sweet card. Love those fun papers. Arlana@SSW!!!

Patti P. said...

What a fun image and you are right so appropriate with your studies. Love the faux stitching and would have never known. Good luck with the new machine. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.
Patti SSW/DT

Emma said...

A fabulous card Louise, love the papers and stitching.
Thanks for joining us at PFP & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Jackie Randolph said...

Hi Louise, OMGoodness this is absolutely adorable!! Love your papers and stiching! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday