Pages

Sunday 28 August 2011

Pink, Brown and Aqua

I thought I'd make a Christmas card today to go in my stash but I also wanted to make a card for this weeks CES challenge (pink, brown and aqua). At first these colours looked a bit difficult for Christmas until I remembered my Hugs and Honey papers when are just those colours and Christmas themed. The photo shows that maybe the papers I choose have a bit too much red in them and it clashes a bit, but it is not quite as bad in real life, although perhaps not ideal. I have used my new (well, not brand new, but new to me) Cuttlebug snowflake die to make the snowflakes. I'll be using this again lots since I like it!! The image is one given to me by Clare (thanks) and the sentiment a stamp from Crafters Companion. I will also enter the card into this weeks Cute Card Thursday (sketch) and ABC Christmas (Q is for quote and image) challenges.

11 comments:

Debs M said...

ooh love those robins, great snowflakes too!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Sweet image, sweet sentiment and sweet backing papers, this is lovely Louise.
I kind of got a little lie in, but am totally exhausted now! Ready for a bit of a break tomorrow I can tell ya!
Katie x

mamapez5 said...

It's an unusual choice of colours for Christmas but they have made such a pretty card. I love the simplicity of the main image. Lovely! Kate x

Heidi said...

I love the unique colours for a Christmas card! So beautiful! Thanks for joining the Magical Mondays Challenge!

Clare Lloyd said...

lovely card. love what you did with the image. x

Deb said...

Beautiful card! I might just be inspired to make some Christmas cards now!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week, Debxx

Anonymous said...

Really cute! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge, Samantha :0)

Clare Lloyd said...

louise me again!!! i'm liking your new look blog. x

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love all the snowflakes!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Michele Spera said...

lovely job coloring your image:-) Really cute:-)Thank you for joining us at CCT
Hugs
Michele

Unknown said...

Oh this is so pretty - Thanks for sharing it at CES xx