Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

60th Celebrations!

Today my parents had a joint party to celebrate their 60th birthdays. Mum will be 60 on Monday and Dad was 60 in February, but he was in New Zealand at the time and so didn't have a big celebration. I wanted to make them a card for the day. Last week I have been testing out CAS cards and one layer cards. I decided to try a bit of a new twist on this and use a digi image on a one layer card for the first time. This is the card I made last night. I will enter it into this weeks Stampfairy challenge (new techinque- one layer digi card).
And in case anyone is wondering, the party today went well despite the rain. (It was a BBQ and so the rain pretty much dampened spirits a bit but it brightened up after about 4pm.)

6 comments:

Céline said...

gorgeous card,
thanks for playing with us at stampfairy this week
hugs
céline SF DT

Annette said...

Glad you had a great time at your party despite the weather. Love your card too, especially the sentiment !! Annette xx (Stamp Fairy DT)

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW, such a Fabulous one layer card!! Absolutely gorgeous coloring with the Lenny Cupcakes.. Just too darn cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamp Fairy!!

Sharon Basel said...

Well I love this image on your card and the clean look of it all. The colors really pop on the image and showing off your stellar coloring Louise. Fabulous job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us again!
Sharon :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am late lovely card for the Stamp fairy Challenge, so yummi! :0)
Samantha (Stamp Fairy DT)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This turned out so wonderful! I just LOVE the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at StampFairy.

Deanne :)