Pages

Thursday 22 April 2010

I is for Ice

This weeks challenge on ABC Christmas is to make a project with the theme 'I is for ICE' and an optional extra of a snowflake. I have made this card using heat embossing on the chipboard snowflakes and on the central pannel. It's the first time I have embossed an image into the powder rather than stamping an image and then putting the embossing powder on afterwards. I was quite pleased with the result and it makes a change from colouring images with pens.I will also enter this card into this weeks Die Cut dreams challenge which is 'tear it up'. I have torn the edges of the matting card and tried out the faux tearing on the background. I don't have a brayer or the ink for it and so just used an ink pad. There are snow flakes on it too, but they are a bit too light ot come out in the photo. If I did again I would try and make the background balck darker.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job triple embossing is great fun isn't it!
Ace job! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Samantha :)

Karen said...

Lovely Louise, love the snowflakes, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Clare Lloyd said...

love the embossing on this card. good luck! ClareX

Delphine said...

Beautiful card! And I love your embossing! Thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine (GDT) xx

Helen said...

Lovely card - the embossed snowflake looks fab!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Jayne Hayward said...

Love the snowflakes and the embossing. Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge Blog.

Jayne xx

Victoria said...

this is beautiful Louise - a technique I haven't used in ages, I love stamping into embossing powders

Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Susie Sugar said...

Fab card love the colours and the sweet image
Thanks for playing our "Tear it up" challenge with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie & Vikki xx

Annie said...

thanks for joining in the ABC Christmas challenge.
hugs, annie x