Pages

Sunday 18 April 2010

Good Luck for the Marathon

I made this card for my friends who are doing the London Marathon next week (really hoping that you don't look at my blog in the next few days Nicola!). I have used the sketchie and recipe (faux stitching, polks dots and 2 buttons) for this weeks WSC and have used one of the new Willow Design downloads too (Alfie Keeping Fit). I printed the pre-coloured picture on to some photo papper for the first time and used my Promarkers on the glittery letters to make them more black than gold (I thought black would go better with the rest of the card but only had gold letters and so made them blacker). I also wrote their names on the buttons in pen.

If you would like to sponser Nicola and her husband Steve, then go here. She is raising money for University Hospital Birmingham Charities and there is more information on the work they do on her sponsorship page.

7 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

i am sure your friend will love this card! ClareX

Debs M said...

what a great card! good luck guys x

Craftyrose said...

Another fab card Louise! Such a great idea with this image! Best of luck to your friend and her husband too. xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I hope your friends do a great job Louise, your card is lovely, I love how you wrote the names on the buttons, so cute xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great card Louise. I love your rosettes. What a great idea. Lauren x

sharon said...

Such a brilliant idea Lousie, thanks for joining us at WSC this week.xx

Milliesmarvels said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us for the Willow Sketchie Challenge!
Jane
x